• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 12.0.18 Postfix error

BesnierS

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a problem with postfix since updating plesk 12.0.18.
If I use an email address hosted on my server and I want to send an email from my computer, the postfix smtp connection is not possible.

I applied the following patch to use port 587 but nothing works and even other ports does not work:

/etc/postfix/master.cf

Original Value is like that:

submission inet n – n – - smtpd -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=

Change it as like as this one

submission inet n – n – - smtpd -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=may -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o smtpd_sender_restrictions=

Do you have any idea? should I apply another particular configuration?

Thanks

Did you enable Port 587 or "Submission" in Plesk?

Plesk -> Tools & Settings -> Mail Server Settings -> Tick - Enable Message Submission (on all ips)

Hope it helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

Oh, ok.
For reference here's my submission directives..

Code:
submission inet n - - - - smtpd -o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_sasl_authenticated,reject -o smtpd_sender_restrictions= -o smtpd_recipient_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject_unauth_destination

Maybe it'll help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi i've got a similar problem with android clients.
It's seem that Postfix wont accept plain connection, but only tls ones.
I commented those line in /etc/postfix/main.cf :
Code:
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noplaintext
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_security_level = may

And i've delete those options from the submissions line of /etc/postfix/master.cf
Code:
-o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt

"service postfix restart" and now all seems to go ok.

I also tryed to change values from web interface and my modified main.cf remain correct (with my lines commented out) ... BUT ... i think that if i enable / disable submission from web interface i should modify again master.cf.

Hope i helped you.
Daniele

Last edited:
Thank you Danièle for this information. However I have this problem for systematics for any equipment... It is very strange... I have already deactivated the TLS. Strangely with Postfix no more protocol works (25, 465, 587). I think of starting all over again on the waiter(server) to see if it gets(fits) better....

Sebastien

Hi i've got a similar problem with android clients.
It's seem that Postfix wont accept plain connection, but only tls ones.
I commented out those line in /etc/postfix/main.cf :
#smtpd_sasl_security_options = noplaintext
#smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
#smtpd_tls_security_level = may
#smtp_tls_security_level = may

And i've delete those options from the submissions line of /etc/postfix/master.cf
-o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt

"service postfix restart" and now all seems to go ok.

I also tryed to change values from web interface and my modified main.cf remain correct (with my lines commented out) ... BUT ... i think that if i enable / disable submission from web interface i should modify again master.cf.

Hope i helped you.
Daniele

Make sure that you have the same screen:

View attachment 11292
Thanks for your help.
I realize that I don't have Postfix. My current problem is that I created email addresses on my VPS windows with plesk. I can't get the emails to go through outlook 2013 because the smtp port number is set to 25, which is blocked by my ISP. I am merely looking for a way to use port 465 or port 587 for the smtp server and hoped that clicking "Enable Message Submission" would do the trick. I do have an SSL certificate on my domain name, but am a newbie on VPS and plesk. I would use PostFix, if I knew how to activate that. Do you have a link to instructions for that? That would be great!

If you have Plesk for Windows, your mailserver is MailEnable. You can't use Postfix on Plesk for Windows.
You can enable submission port 587 for MailEnable with following instruction - https://kb.plesk.com/en/122214

Back