• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 12.5.3 MU3 - Customer can't edit DNS zone

bsass

Basic Pleskian
I just finished converting everything from our Plesk 9.5.4 migration, made our Customer accounts, transfered there domains into new service plans, transfered the subscriptions to there customer accounts. When they login and select a domain that has a service plan that allow them to make DNS zone management changes there is no DNS button. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Do you have enabled permission for DNS zone management in corresponding subscription (not in Service Plan)?

Do you have enabled permission for DNS zone management in corresponding subscription (not in Service Plan)?
I don't see any option to add DNS Management under subscription...

In Service Provider view, I select Subscriptions, select Domain, on the right hand side I have customize and when I click it and goto permissions the box is checked for DNS management.

Is Bind installed?
Yes, I can see and manage DNS just fine, not customers.

IgorG, if you are talking about going to the subscription, selecting the domain, then selecting the account tab and looking under permission, yes there is a green check box there for DNS management

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    51.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 12
Hi @bsass!

There is a small issue which I hope will be fixed in one of nearest microupdates.

Possible root cause that you have 1 subscription with permission to manage DNS and one without this permission. And the visibility of the button DNS settings depends on the last selected in top selector ("All subscriptions" on your second screenshot). You can try to select required subscription there.

Hi @bsass!
Possible root cause that you have 1 subscription with permission to manage DNS and one without this permission.

This exactly what this is, the customer has many domains, with many subscriptions. In this case they have one domain that they need editing so that is the only subscription on there account that has DNS changes allowed.

I know it sounds very backwards and it is, but its because we used to just set that style permission at the customer level not at the domain limits level.

Thanks for telling me I'm not crazy.

Back