• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5.30 phpmyadmin database import problem

kalifsoup

New Pleskian
On Debian 8 I install Plesk 12.5.30 and I still have problem with phpmyadmin and importing database.

I make new database and try to import backup of exported from Plesk 12.0.18 database (compressed sql rar 95KB). Database uploading few minutes (!!!!) at the end with warning (in phpmyadmin): "Script timeout passed, if you want to finish import, please resubmit the same file and import will resume."

Importing the same database via "Import dump" from Databases Plesk's menu takes also few minutes...

After import database it's run normal. The problem is very slow importing.

When importing the same database on Plesk 12.0.18 (on the same server) it's take just few SECONDS and and with OK promt.

It's look like a bug... Please help

Hi kalifsoup,

It's look like a bug...

... well... no... it's NOT a bug. It's a configuration issue.

One solution is to modify: "/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/databases/phpMyAdmin/libraries/config.default.php". Here you can set
Code:
$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 3600;
... while to should play around for yourself, to find the "best" solution for your very own, specific time - limit... or... if you choose to set this to "0", to turn off this restriction.

To avoid "502 Gateway Time-out" errors, you can increase as well the sw-cp-server - settings at: "/etc/sw-cp-server/config"
default settings are:
Code:
    fastcgi_read_timeout 600;
    fastcgi_send_timeout 600;
... and again, please play around to find the best setting for your server, or use "3600" seconds, which should be farely enough for most environments.

Consider to use a higher error - log - level, to find possible issues in your error - log ( /var/log/sw-cp-server/error_log ). The KB - article 120 101 describes, how you can do that:

Last edited by a moderator:
I change both config files. No changes. This problem do not look like time-out problem. It's just slow run problem. I've got 16CPU 2GHZ 16 GB server, database is 0.1MB size and why it's takes so long? Why on 12.0.18 import takes few second, and on fresh plesk 12.5.30 install (i make install about 10 times and always the same) few minutes?

Hi kalifsoup,

without any logs ( and possible other error messages ), it's nearly impossible to answer your questions. Maybe a hardware issue, maybe an unfinished update/upgrade... we really can't guess it.
If you wish a deeper investigation, either provide more facts, logs and depending configuration files, or consider to open a support ticket, so that experienced linux administrators can investigate the issue for you.

Ok, got it.
After set up
$cfg['ExecTimeLimit'] = 3600;
fastcgi_read_timeout 3600;
fastcgi_send_timeout 3600;​
import finished with no warning, it's OK.
But it still takes few minutes. It itsn't normal, I'm sure...
What logs You want to know? I'll pase it.

Hi kalifsoup,

after you switched to a higher error - log - level ( please see the mentioned, above KB - article ) , please restart sw-cp-server, repeat the procedure and please paste logs from: "/var/log/sw-cp-server/" ( consider ro reduce the log - files, so that you could provide only the interesting parts after you changed the log - level ).

Back