• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12.5 Mysql 5.5+ and PHP 7

PaulM

New Pleskian
Hi,
My first posting to Plesk forum so hopefully this question relates to my newbie understanding.

I've enabled the PHP7 option but mysql stays at 5.1.73

I followed a post to bring in the Atomic mysql 5.5 rpm but that downgrades php to 5.4.45

Is there a way of keeping php7 and bringing in mysql5.7

In the rpm list it looks like there is a package plesk_php70-mysql-7.0.2 so it looks like this should work but there is no corresponding mysql-7 package that I can see

Any ideas would be appreciated

Regards
Paul

Hi
Is it possible to have mysql 5.5 and php7
I plan to run Typo3 and mysql 5.5+ is a definite requirement but php7 would be nice for the doubling of speed
Regards
Paul

Is it possible to have mysql 5.5 and php7
Why not? Support of PHP 7.0.2 has been added in latest MU#19. MySQL you can install from appropriate repository, for example.

Hi
This brings me back to the original posting of how to bring in mysql 5.5 and still keep php7 as it currently downgrades. Do you know if this is possible?
Regards
Paul

Plesk doesn't ship MySQL, it only downloads it from original OS vendor repo and it is quite likely it may be outdated there (especially for older OS). If your OS comes with MySQL 5.5, then Plesk would run MySQL 5.5 for clients.
You may use alternative repositories for your OS.

Back