• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12 - Cannot access Email / Webmail issues

MohammedJ

New Pleskian
Hey guys,

Okay here the situation, i recently purchased a VPS Server from OVH, So far all is good with it, I have 4 domains parked off in a local South African Server that using DNS Records are pointing to the VPS Servers. The website etc is all displayed 100% so no issues there :)

My problem comes with email, Generally I use GMAIL to access all my emails using their POP3 and SMTP Feature by just putting in the details like how outlook is. Unfortunately it keeps on saying connection timed out and at times says another error to do with denying access.

So then I try accessing my email using the webmail interface, Im using mailenable and mailenable webmail, I cannot access the webmail through the panel neither can I access it using the link webmail.domain.com or webmail.domain.com/mewebmail/ as it gives the following error:

Service Unavailable
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

My setup for my emails is as follows:
I have 4 domains (for example sake lets call it domain1, domain2, domain3, domain 4) now domain2,3 and 4 3 individual email addresses with no mailboxes as I set it up on plesk so that all email from there gets forwarded to main Domain calling it domain1. like [email protected]
In this way I do not have to open so many and all email found on one place. However I would like to make sure I can still send using the domain2 email address which logic tells me I should just need username password and the smtp settings. Which I have.

But unfortunately even that when I want to set up on gmail or even outlook is giving me the same issues as mentioned above.!

Please help, I googled and I looked through the forums about IIS application pool and restarting mailenable servers I did all of that but still the same error and issues, the domains have been propagated properly I waited 72hours just incase!

Please help :( also if you would be kind enough to tell me step by step on how to resolve it.

Please provide some more details. Is the domain using correct mx records? HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable related to iis, have you checked the eventviewer logs for more info?

Back