• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 12 picks loopback IP when installing on CentOS 7

Jay Versluis

Regular Pleskian
I've just tested CentOS 7 (minimal) and tried to install Plesk 12 on it via the one-click installer (command line). The installation went well, and it was much faster than under CentOS 6. However Plesk picked my loopback IP (127.0.0.1) instead of my "real" IP on eth0.

This means that I can't login to the web interface. Plesk does listen to request coming in on 127.0.0.1:8443 - but only from itself which doesn't help. I've installed Plesk many times on CentOS 6 and this was never a problem.

How can I get Plesk to read the eth0 IP upon installation on CentOS 7?

Last edited:
Yes I've seen that article, it seems to have changed my IP correctly - I've confirmed this with /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ifmng -l (shows the correct IP).

Sadly I still can't login via the web interface. Besides, there should be no need to patch a fresh installation - it should "just work".

Something else I've noticed: "service psa status" returns with no output, perhaps something else is amiss here. Plesk is definitely running though, because I can use "service psa stopalll", followed by "service psa start" and I can see all relevant services being fired up.

Is CentOS 7 actually supported, or is it a bit early yet? Just curious, happy to use CentOS 6 where everything seems to be working fine.

I found the problem: firewalld

On CentOS 6 we have to add rules to iptables to let incoming requests through to Plesk. In CentOS 7 iptables have been replaced with firewalld, but the principle of opening ports is still the same:

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=8443/tcp --permanent
firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-port=8447/tcp --permanent
firewall-cmd --reload

Happy Days!

For a similar future issue, you might as well have a look to netstat, to be sure, that the desired services are really listening to the ports you configured:

Code:
netstat -ntpl | grep httpd
netstat -ntpl | grep nginx
netstat -ntpl | grep sw

I'm glad you found the cause of your issue! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks UFHH01, that's a great tip - I forget about the simple things. Love the new forum look by the way, I haven't been here for a while. All the best!

Back