• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk 17.5.3 requirements?

Catia

Basic Pleskian
Hello world.

I'm running Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS‬. I'm running PHP version 7.0.22 on all of my websites.

Plesk is telling me that I should upgrade to the latest stable version, which is 17.5.3. I've been trying to anticipate any problems before I attempt this, and somewhere in my reading I stumbled upon something suggesting I might need a newer version of PHP. Honestly, I don't entirely understand the PHP settings page in Plesk - it seems to imply that there are multiple versions of PHP available?

Wondering of someone could explain this to me, and/or point me in the right direction for how I might determine if my system meets all of the requirements for upgrading to the newer version of Plesk.

Thanks in advance.

Hello world.

I'm running Plesk Onyx 17.0.17 on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS‬. I'm running PHP version 7.0.22 on all of my websites.

Plesk is telling me that I should upgrade to the latest stable version, which is 17.5.3. I've been trying to anticipate any problems before I attempt this, and somewhere in my reading I stumbled upon something suggesting I might need a newer version of PHP. Honestly, I don't entirely understand the PHP settings page in Plesk - it seems to imply that there are multiple versions of PHP available?

Wondering of someone could explain this to me, and/or point me in the right direction for how I might determine if my system meets all of the requirements for upgrading to the newer version of Plesk.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Catia , there is no relation between the php version you are using and the Plesk Onyx version running on your server. You can upgrade your server to the latest Plesk Onyx stable release , it will not change anything about your website configuration, or the php version used on each website.
You can also install a newer php version like php7.1 . You can run a different php version on each website with Plesk, and switch between php5.6, php7.0 and php7.1 directly in your domain settings.

Back