• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk 18.0.27 Issue with PostFix and SendGrid on Google Cloud

LucasAvila

New Pleskian
Hey!

So I have followed this tutorial on how to integrate and use SendGrid with postfix to send external emails.
When I get to the step where I send a test email using the console, I get this :

[root@plsk-cent-hst-gcp-m-2-vm ~]# echo 'message' | mail -s teste1 [email protected] [root@plsk-cent-hst-gcp-m-2-vm ~]# plesk sendmail[5577]: Buffer size is not enough to hold hostname plesk sendmail[5577]: Unable to retrieve hostname. Use localhost.localdomain instead.

For the record I have edited main.cf and added

relayhost = [smtp.sendgrid.net]:2525 smtp_tls_security_level = encrypt smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd header_size_limit = 4096000 smtp_sasl_security_options = noanonymous smtp_sasl_tls_security_options = noanonymous

Use the Google Cloud Marketplace to sign up for the SendGrid email service. Make a note of your SendGrid SMTP account credentials, which include username, password, and hostname. Your SMTP username and password are the same as what you used to sign up for the service. The SendGrid hostname is smtp.sendgrid.net.

Have you tried port 587 first?
you need to open that port in Plesk via server Mail Settings Page.
If port 587 is not working for you, please try 2525 in your postfix config.
You may also need to edit /etc/postfix/master.cf to remove # from tlsmgr unix - - n 1000? 1 tlsmgr.

Back