• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 7 Filemanager - Problem Folder & Files are locked.

S

sansharin

I am not able to change the folder (or) file permission inside "file manager" - any one did face this problem?

when i launch file manger - under permission column a "lock" is shown, what could be the problem? i dont know what the key is!! :)

Is that admin configuration inside CP i need to change for it ?? or anything related to windows 2003 account permission??

please help!

the lock is just an icon for "edit permissions" button

Yes, i clicked and went inside the screen users are listed with the check box options disabled!

could any one please list default accounts that are listed under the folders!

BUILTIN\Administrators
computername\domainaccount
computername\IUSR_domainaccount
NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

all permisions are set except write for computername\IUSR_domainaccount

even after giving permissions, problem still persist!

any one please me to resolve this issue.

thanks problem, got resolved but by default for new domains the file manager doesnt have persmission to change the attributes or add new folder / files.

how do i enable default for all new domains created through plesk?

In order to enable manual intervention is required - for setting permissions!

how can i do it by default through plesk?

Hi,
I have the same problem...!
Seems to be a bug as I am unable to change any of the permissions, even when I log into plesk as the admin user....
:(

This needs manual intervention, looks like bug in the plesk.

go to the domain folder under vhosts folder, provide full rights to that particular "domain user" ( ftpaccount not IUSR_FTPaccount ) in the security tab.

may be it could be security measure in plesk!!! :) lol

thank you.

Back