• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 8.0 crashes, empty pages on admin panel

D

djnono17

Okay, big problem,
since this morning, I have no longer access to psa, just an empty page.

I restarted all services, reboot the server, nothing....

So, I added logging to the httpsd.conf file :
ErrorLog /var/log/psa_error_log

I restart the server, nothing in my log, but when I load a page :
[Tue Jun 20 16:38:12 2006] [notice] Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7e PHP/5.0.5 configured -- resuming normal operations
[Tue Jun 20 16:38:12 2006] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)
[6786] EACCELERATOR: PHP crashed on opline 57 of strncmp() at /usr/local/psa/admin/auto_prepend/auth.php3:40

[Tue Jun 20 16:38:16 2006] [notice] child pid 6786 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I'm running on fedora fc4, and no modifications on the server have been done since at least two weeks.

any idea ?

/tmp/eaccelerator does not exist

Hello Colleagues,

We are running
-Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 4)
-Plesk 8.0.1 RedHat el4 80061018.10
-Plesk CP runs on PHP 5.0.5 (did come with Plesk)
-Plesk CP runs eAccelerator 0.9.3 (did come with Plesk)

I was seeing also errors like
Code:
[Thu Dec  7 08:28:42 2006] [notice] child pid 20516 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)
[20524] EACCELERATOR: PHP crashed on opline 2 of main() at /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/class.Form.php:11
in the file /usr/local/psa/admin/logs/httpsd_error_log

I discovered using
Code:
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/php -i |grep -i eaccel
that eAccelerator is configured to use /tmp/eaccelerator as cache_dir.
That directory did not exist on our Plesk 8.0.1 server.

So I created it using:
Code:
mkdir /tmp/eaccelerator
chmod 700 /tmp/eaccelerator
chown psaadm:psaadm /tmp/eaccelerator

And to make sure the dir does not get deleted by tmpwatch after a period of inactivity I opened the file /etc/cron.daily/tmpwatch and added the following line to the beginning of the file:
Code:
touch /tmp/eaccelerator

After I restarted Plesk and I accessed the Plesk controlpanel several times, I see eAccelerator is truly using the directory to store cache files.

I don't know for sure it this is the solution to the errors, I didn't discover how to reproduce the errors yet. But it seems clear to me that is better to have the /tmp/eaccelerator dir existing.

Back