• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 8.0 uninstall and dependencies

Z

zombie@

I have read the section in the Plesk installation guide about removing Plesk from a *nix system.
The only thing that worries me is that I am instructed to "rpm -e" all Plesk related modules with "--nodeps".

As a simple example, trying to remove just psa-qmail WITHOUT --nodeps brings up the following:

rpm -e psa-qmail
error: Failed dependencies:
smtp_daemon is needed by (installed) mailx-11.4-3
smtp_daemon is needed by (installed) cron-4.1-20
smtp_daemon is needed by (installed) fetchmail-6.2.5-59.4
psa-qmail is needed by (installed) psa-courier-imap-add-8.0.0-suse9.3.build80060331.13
psa-qmail is needed by (installed) psa-qmail-rblsmtpd-0.70-suse9.3.build80060331.13
psa-qmail is needed by (installed) psa-8.0.0-suse9.3.build80060427.19

Now obviously there are some non-Plesk packages that depend on Plesk packages. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a noob when it comes to *nix, but I know that blindly removing packages on which other packages depend is not such a marvellous idea. cron, for example, is not something i want to break while uninstalling Plesk.

Can anyone give me some pointers on this?
My server is a virtual (Suse 9.3), which my hosting company is managing with Virtuozzo. It came with Plesk pre-installed, though not activated.
I'd like to remove Plesk completely.

Thanks for any help! :)

Back