1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.0 uninstall and dependencies

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by zombie@, Apr 23, 2007.

1. zombie@

zombie@ Guest

I have read the section in the Plesk installation guide about removing Plesk from a *nix system.
    The only thing that worries me is that I am instructed to "rpm -e" all Plesk related modules with "--nodeps".

As a simple example, trying to remove just psa-qmail WITHOUT --nodeps brings up the following:

rpm -e psa-qmail
    error: Failed dependencies:
    smtp_daemon is needed by (installed) mailx-11.4-3
    smtp_daemon is needed by (installed) cron-4.1-20
    smtp_daemon is needed by (installed) fetchmail-6.2.5-59.4
    psa-qmail is needed by (installed) psa-courier-imap-add-8.0.0-suse9.3.build80060331.13
    psa-qmail is needed by (installed) psa-qmail-rblsmtpd-0.70-suse9.3.build80060331.13
    psa-qmail is needed by (installed) psa-8.0.0-suse9.3.build80060427.19

Now obviously there are some non-Plesk packages that depend on Plesk packages. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a noob when it comes to *nix, but I know that blindly removing packages on which other packages depend is not such a marvellous idea. cron, for example, is not something i want to break while uninstalling Plesk.

Can anyone give me some pointers on this?
    My server is a virtual (Suse 9.3), which my hosting company is managing with Virtuozzo. It came with Plesk pre-installed, though not activated.
    I'd like to remove Plesk completely.

Thanks for any help! :)