1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 8.2 for Win certificate request parameters?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by curts, Mar 7, 2011.

1. curts

curts New Pleskian

Plesk 8.2 for Win certificate request parameters? SSL CSR private key

I have a Plesk 8.2 Win server.
    When I go to Add Certificate, it generates CSR and Private Key without errors.
    Company I request cert from using CSR says:

--------
    The CSR which you have sent is not decoding, it shows an "invalid signature Specified"

Please generate a new CSR with valid Common name,Organization Name,Locality Name,Country Code,Email Address and send it to us, we will re-issue the certificate.
    --------
    and when I retry:

--------
    The latest CSR also can not be decoded. Could you please send us the web server/control panel detail in which you did generate CSR with the option you did select for private key algorithm which will help us to assist you better.
    --------

The have a CSR decode online that I used and see the proper information (org name, etc.).
    I am using 2048 bits and don't have the option to pick the algorithm.

How can I find out what the Plesk panel is using for the algorithm and any other parameters?
    ...is it des3, etc.?

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  2. curts

curts New Pleskian

Disregard.
    I solved another way by generating through IIS.