• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Plesk 8.6.0 + Debian 4.0 + Spamassassin 3.1.7 + Clamav Configuration?

A

AlexisA

Hi All,

I currenly have an uptodate Plesk 8.6.0/Debian 4.0 installation. Spamassassin is working well. However I want to:

1) Upgrade spamassasin to 3.2.5 from 3.1.7 (which is the latest verion available via the plesk repo)

2) Delete/move all mail that has a spamassassin score of more than 15

3) Delete all emails that contain virus's using ClamAV

Having researeched this I cannot find any one who has managed to get these things working on Plesk 8.6.0 + Debian 4.0.

I was hoping Qmail-Scanner might work but am concerned it may have compatability issues with my setup? Has anyne got this working with my setup already?

Scott over @ atomicrocketturtle.com suggested that the easiest route would be to ditch Debian (not supported under Atomic Scanner) and install either CentOS, RHEL, or Fedora along with his very well known/respected Atomic Scanner which does all the clever configuration (and alot more) painlessly.

Before I go down the route of migrating all my websites over to a Atomic Scanner supported OS (which i am reluctant to do) I was hoping that I might be able to achieve the above using my current setup? Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alexis

I have no idea if it will work on debian, but we use it without any problems on centos.

http://sageshome.net/oss/qclam.php

its very simple to use

- compile the program
- write a script that will add a line to the .qmail files. We use the cron for this, it checkes every hourt what .qmail files are missing it and add it, this is the script:

Code:
<?php

$findnames = "/usr/bin/find /var/qmail/mailnames/*.*/*/.qmail > /home/httpd/scripts/mailnames.txt";
system("$findnames");

$fh_mailnames = fopen ("/home/httpd/scripts/mailnames.txt", "r");

if (!$fh_mailnames) { exit; }
$i = 0;
while (!feof ($fh_mailnames)) {
	$mailnames[$i] = fgets($fh_mailnames, 1024);
	$i++;
}
fclose($fh_mailnames);

$qclamlijn = "| /usr/bin/qclam --temp /dev/shm --log /var/log/qclam.log\n";

for ($j=0; $j<count($mailnames)-1; $j++) {
	$mailnames_lijn = rtrim($mailnames[$j]);
	echo "checking: $mailnames_lijn\n";
  $qmailfile = file_get_contents("$mailnames_lijn");
  if ((ereg("qclam",$qmailfile))) {
  	echo "qclam already here\n";
  }	else {
   	echo "qclam added\n";
    $qmailfile = $qclamlijn . $qmailfile;
  	file_put_contents ("$mailnames_lijn","$qmailfile");
  }
	shell_exec("/bin/chown popuser.popuser $mailnames_lijn");
}

?>

sorry its php, i just dont like perl.

as for the spamassassin, you can configure that per mailbox.

Hopes this helps a bit
regards
Jan

Back