• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 9.2.1 and external nameservers

sadara

New Pleskian
hi people -

i have a domain on my virtuozzo VPS with 'external' nameservers.

it seems to me that i should not need to run DNS services for this domain on my VPS. the documentation says i can turn off DNS services for the domain:

http://download1.parallels.com/Ples...-resellers-guide/index.htm?fileName=59773.htm

however, if i turn off plesk DNS services for the domain, requests for 'www.<mydomain>.<mytld>' are not handled properly - i get the default server page. requests for '<mydomain>.<mytld>' are handled correctly.

this behaviour doesn't not depend on the identity of the external nameservers - i get the same results regardless of where i have the external nameservers. also, i get this behaviour regardless of whether 'www.<mydomain>.<mytld>' is configured in the DNS zone using an 'A' record or a 'CNAME' record.

setting up my VPS's DNS to act as a slave DNS server does not help.

the only thing which helps (as far as i can see) is to configure my VPS's DNS server as the primary DNS server and adding the www CNAME record there - which is bizarre!

something's not right here.
any ideas?

Back