• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.2/win2003/hmail server spam filtering

StevenW

New Pleskian
Right now I am using a 3rd party spam filtering service and its getting kind of pricey.

I have Plesk SpamAssassin 3.2.3 selected, but basically have a blank settings list.

Does anyone have a setting that works fairly well to block a fair amount of spam or have another program that they use to block spam. When I went to hmail server and turned greylisting on, my users complained about delays. The default setting of plesk seemed to mark a lot of my mail with [SPAM] in the subject line.

Any recommendations would be great.

Our MagicSpam partner has a good resource for that. If you think your server is causing 'backscatter', this may be when you have your SpamAssassin or email server configured to 'bounce' spam, but they get bounced to forged addresses. You might want to consider MagicSpam for Plesk, which blocks that traffic, rather than bouncing it.

New FAQ's

Q. Can MagicSpam for Plesk work with the SpamAssassin Module?

A. Yes, MagicSpam acts during the SMTP phase, and your SpamAssassin works after. MagicSpam and SA will work happily together, and SpamAssassin server loads will drop significantly.

Q. My SpamAssassin load is going through the roof! Help!

A. Have you considered MagicSpam for Plesk? One of the simplest and easiest add-ons for Plesk, it not only stops the majority of attacks before it hits SpamAssassin, but rejects the bulk of trojan and bot generated emails without adding to server load.

Q. Can I use RBL's or Blacklists with Plesk?

A. Yes, you can. But you might find it simpler and easier to use the MagicSpam Module for Plesk. This allows for simpler management, whitelisting, blacklisting and full logging of all SMPT traffic, both HAM and SPAM, and it comes with automatic subscriptions to many of your favourite RBL's

Q. I tried to deliver a bounce message to this address, but the bounce bounced!

A. This can happen when a spammer forges a from signature. It is called 'backscatter', and can get you on blacklists, even though you didn't send the email. Spammers try to 'bounce' emails off of your server. You need to 'reject' emails instead of bouncing them whenever possible. There is a Spam Module from one of our partners which is especially good at stopping the majority of this problem. Visit our store, or http://www.magicspam.com for more information.

It is compatible with hMailServer and Plesk for Windows version 9.2.1

It is compatible with hMailServer and Plesk for Windows version 9.2.1

I see your post there but seems hmailserver is not supported. Only Merak and MailEnable. But maybe you will receive more better answer on their forum.

Back