• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.3 Assigning a domain to a client

MikeyMacbeth

New Pleskian
Hi,

Currently I have all domains under the admin account (I'm using plesk 9.3 on Linux via webfusion)

I have a currently set up domain with emails addresses configured and the website up and running (it uses an existing mysql database) - my client is wanting control panel access and the ability to configure his own emails etc

Am I right in thinking that if I simply create him as a client with the relevant priveleges/settings and then assign the domain to the newly created client that all the email addresses, existing emails (he is accessing these via Horde webmail) and domain settings will transfer smoothly over with no interruption of service?

In short - are there any pitfalls to doing this or is it just a case of assigning him to the new client account? will the database that the website currently uses still be accessible?

Mike

Back