• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5.2, qmail and greylisting

B

BerndN

Hi all,
I use Plesk 9.5.2 on an OpenSue 11.0 (X86-64) host. As emailer I use qmail. However I noticed that when I switch on server wide grey listing emails send from an email account which is using the smart host of an ISP get stuck in the greylisting and show up with a big delay time if at all. If I use an email account which uses a fixed IP with a proper DNS name assigned all went through fast.

Switching greylisting off and the emails arrive in time no matter from what. If I inspect the problematic account I see the Dial UP ip in the header even when send through the ISP smarthost.

I see this messages when greylisting is on and messages don't get through:

hostname qmail-queue-handlers[4753]: [email protected]
hostname qmail-queue-handlers[4753]: [email protected]
hostname qmail-queue-handlers[4753]: hook_dir = '/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue'
hostname qmail-queue-handlers[4753]: call_handlers: call executable = '/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/05-grey-MntUjB/executable'
hostname greylisting filter[4754]: Starting greylisting filter...
hostname qmail-queue-handlers[4753]: handlers_stderr: DEFER
hostname qmail-queue-handlers[4753]: call_handlers: DEFER during call '/usr/local/psa/handlers/info/05-grey-MntUjB/executable' handler
hostname qmail-queue-handlers[4753]: call_handlers: stop call handlers from dir '/usr/local/psa/handlers/before-queue/global'

What am I missing ??? I have seen issues with postfix but I have no idea what's wrong here.

Back