1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk 9.5.2, qmail and greylisting

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by BerndN, Jul 8, 2010.

1. BerndN

BerndN Guest

Hi all,
    I use Plesk 9.5.2 on an OpenSue 11.0 (X86-64) host. As emailer I use qmail. However I noticed that when I switch on server wide grey listing emails send from an email account which is using the smart host of an ISP get stuck in the greylisting and show up with a big delay time if at all. If I use an email account which uses a fixed IP with a proper DNS name assigned all went through fast.

Switching greylisting off and the emails arrive in time no matter from what. If I inspect the problematic account I see the Dial UP ip in the header even when send through the ISP smarthost.

I see this messages when greylisting is on and messages don't get through:

What am I missing ??? I have seen issues with postfix but I have no idea what's wrong here.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%