• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

plesk 9.5.4: cronjob apache reload race condition (websrvmng?)

I

Internet AGS

Hello,

on one of our plesk systems, a race condition between creation of virtualhost configuration files and apache2 reload happens every two or three days. It happens either around 04:10h am or around 10:20h am, and we're pretty sure that it's triggered by one of the plesk cronjobs.

The system runs plesk '9.5.4 Debian 5.0 95101209.05' with microupdates until #5. Appart from this issue, it runs as expected.

The race condition results in apache2 crashing. The relevant lines from apache2 error log are:

[Mon Dec 12 10:21:17 2011] [notice] Graceful restart requested, doing restart
apache2: Syntax error on line 280 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 242 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/zz010_psa_httpd.conf: Could not open configuration file /var/www/vhosts/step-hannover.de/conf/httpd.include: No such file or directory

Please note that the missing configuration file is from another virtualhost every time. When the problem is detected (apache2 not responding any more), and we manually start apache2 again, the virtualhost configuration file in question is available again. Thus the problem is unrelated to the issue described here.

I guess that for some reason apache2 is being reloaded before the plesk cronjob finished with creating all virtualhost configuration files. The apache2 reload is invoked by websrvmng from plesk, but I'm not sure, which cronjob starts this process.

Does anybody else experience a similar issue? What further steps are required to debug and isolate this problem?

Regards,
Jonas Meurer for Internet AG

do you have any suggestions for us, how to futher debug the problem? It's important for us to find the source of this problem and fix it.

Thanks in advance.

websrvmng seems responsible

Hello again,

we tracked the problem down to websrvmng process which seems to restart apache2 at situations where it's not ready to do so yet. Unfortunately we don't know what to do next. Please give us advice.

Regards,
jonas

Back