• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk 9.5: Restoring Plesk db manually from 9.2.2 breaks wordpress sites

G

georgea

Hi, our server was recently hacked and we have to re-install plesk and then restore from a database snapshot.

Unfortunately we did not have a complete plesk backup from our configuration before the security incident, we only had the complete plesk mysql database. We were running version 9.2.2, and after the operating system reload we are now running 9.5.3.

Everything appears to work again after the database was restored, however our wordpress based sites are giving an error about them not being able to select a database. Most of the wordpress sites were implemented by using the wordpress application package in plesk.

Can you please let me know if there is something we can do to fix these database users?

The exact error message is below:

##

Can’t select database
We were able to connect to the database server (which means your username and password is okay) but not able to select the blabla database.

Are you sure it exists?
Does the user usrx1123u1i2 have permission to use the blabla database?
On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_blabla. Could that be the problem?

##

Thank you very much and keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry wrong section. posting to "how do I" subsection instead.

Back