• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk and owncloud tool occ

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I am using owncloud since many years on my Plesk/ubuntu server.
I am currently using owncloud 9.1.8 but I want to update to oc10.
php 7.0.28 (from vendor) is running and when I try to upgrade the extension "intl" is missing.
Another problem is that I need to disable a user (webdavauth) which is not possible through the web interface so I need to use the occ commandline tool to disable this user.
But I have difficulties to use the "occ" tool as this is a php script.
How do i use this on the commandline with plesk (web user "onkinet")?

Best regards
Onki

A bit off topic, but I would like to ask - why do not you use Owncloud Docker container managed by Plesk?

Hi,

to be honest I am a bit afraid loosing all my data since I have no idea how I could migrate an existing owncloud installation at the same domain.
I am not experienced with the docker containers and when I started using OC there was no such thing available.

Best regards
Onki

Hi again,

in the plesk documentation
Using the occ Command — ownCloud 9.0 Server Administration Manual 9.0 documentation
the "occ" command line tool is called like this:
Code:
sudo -u apache /opt/rh/php54/root/usr/bin/php /var/www/html/owncloud/occ

I have no clue how to call occ on my PLESK using ubuntu 1604 and php 7.0.28 as FPM.
I tried using php in the commandline (together with the local path - /var/www/vhost... - of the owncloud installation) but this did not help
Any help is appreciated since I need the commandline tool to prepare an update (delete webdavauth user).

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

I know that the directory is wrong. It was just an example to show the command.
My problem is that your meintioned directory does not exist (only a /5.6).
According to my Web interface I am running PHP 7.0.18 by OS vendor as FPM (although in the overview 7.0.30 is mentioned)

Do I need to use /etc/php/7.0/fpm instead? so the command looks like that:
Code:
sudo -u apache /etc/php/7.0/fpm /var/www/html/owncloud/occ

This is what I hate with Linux. Too many distributions and every distribution is using different directories and parameters.

Best regards
Onki

Last edited:
Back