• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk and server re acts strange.

Z

ZaNaToS

I had more thatn 100 days of uptime..with out any reboot..and suddenly one day I tried to ssh to the server and when I have the password the shell hanged...no answer..no entry to the system...
I did that many times form 2 different internet connectionds and the result was the same.

So I had to reboot the server.

2 days later I trye to open a new account in plesk.I create a Client and then I add new domain, and when I give username password and the hosting options and press the button to procced plesk hangs...
but I get the notification emails that the user was created..but the hosting setup is not set... I did that many times and the result was the same.
I tried to login with ssh and it hanged again in the poing I have my password...

Any idea what this maybe?

This sounds strange. I have never seen anything like it. I would assume there is something messed up with your user management/password authentication system if adding an account to Plesk results in the same situation as SSHing because they are both doing stuff with your system user and password files.

Do you have a provider that you can get support from? This is something that requires physical access to the server if you're unable to SSH to it.

Alternatively if you have console access then this would presumably solve your problem as far as getting access is concerned.

- Chris

The strange thing is..the first time that this happened. I tried to do Reboot throught the button in the Plesk panel...
and the server hanged.. so some service failed to shut down and the server changed to runlevel 6 or something like that..
and did finish the reboot..

So i had to ask my provider (layeredtech.com) to reboot the server manual...

The 2nd time that I had problems with the users and I coouldnt login with ssh again, I didnt try to reboot it my self. I did open a ticket to the support to reboot it themselves..

is there any way I can investigate it in the server my self ?

I would really say that this needs a hardware technician to look at it, or someone with direct access to the server, especially if you're having problems SSHing.

It's like being locked out of your car with the alarm going!

- Chris

you wont believe this but the problem was solved.

What i did is that I had a user with username lets say "test1" in plesk and this user didnt had access to ssh.

then I tried to create a new user via useradd for ssh access....
and that was the mix up..

after deleting the manualy added user everything came back to normal :)

Back