• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk and SSI

K

kharrazi

During the Plesk installation the SSI web service was inactive and therefore it is not available in the component list in Plesk.

I turned SSL on manually from IIS manager and also restarted the server but the component is still not available in Plesk.

What should I do to activate SSI in Plesk?

I ran into this issue. I had no idea how to solve the problem so thought the easiest way was to unisntall plesk.. enable ssi.. then reinstall plesk.

Then i had the pleasure to find out how inadequate plesk is in uninstalling and reinstalling. Had to get the OS reloaded.

Did you manage to sort it out?

Well, I can't reinstall Plesk or Windows due to the active state of the server.

Is there any workaround for it?

I just finished reloading the OS, making sure SSI was ENABLED in IIS and resintalling Plesk.

SSI works ok for my domains, no problems there, but Plesk is still saying that SSI is not enabled on the server.

So now i guess SSI can be used by ALL domains, and i cant just enable it for domains which i choose, i think.

Kharrazi have you enabled it in IIS and find it works?

And anyone else know how to make plesk able to control permission to SSI?

Go to Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, uninstall SSI and reinstall it back. The problem you observe is related to SSI being installed, but not configured in registry. We are not 100% sure why it happens, but it seems that some automated setup systems are installing SSI (and some other services) in that way.

We have contacted Microsoft regarding the best way to detect whether SSI and other add-ons are installed, but checking the registry was their best answer. So, for now we only have a workaround - uninstall/reinstall service that is not detected by Plesk, and then it should be available.

Back