• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk and Wordpress

ckonert

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I used to run a podcast using pleask and wordpress. Due to an update gone wrong I need to set the site back up again and am now running into problems.

I am using a windows server. From there I log onto Plesk Onyx (it is the starting package provided). I log in and update to Plesk Obsidian. Then I enter my domain to start webhosting. Now comes the part where I have no clue:

I use Plesk to install Wordpress. The installation works fine. After that I can access wordpress through the links provided in the Plesk Applications section. However if I access my domain directly (which should lead me to my now new website) I am getting redirected to the plesk login, which does not help me. So the files from my website are there and can be accessed, unfortunatly only by me if I am logged into Plesk. Another thing I noticed was that - differently from my last setup - the Wordpress toolkit does not appear after installation.

Does anyone know how to help me at this point? I have tried completly redoing the server (total whipe) twice now and the problem keeps comming up at the exact same point.

Another thing I noticed was that - differently from my last setup - the Wordpress toolkit does not appear after installation.
The WordPress Toolkit extension is free with the Web Pro and the Web Host Plesk editions and is available for a fee for the Web Admin edition.
Please check your Plesk edition.

Back