• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Plesk and Wordpress

ckonert

New Pleskian
Hi there,

I used to run a podcast using pleask and wordpress. Due to an update gone wrong I need to set the site back up again and am now running into problems.

I am using a windows server. From there I log onto Plesk Onyx (it is the starting package provided). I log in and update to Plesk Obsidian. Then I enter my domain to start webhosting. Now comes the part where I have no clue:

I use Plesk to install Wordpress. The installation works fine. After that I can access wordpress through the links provided in the Plesk Applications section. However if I access my domain directly (which should lead me to my now new website) I am getting redirected to the plesk login, which does not help me. So the files from my website are there and can be accessed, unfortunatly only by me if I am logged into Plesk. Another thing I noticed was that - differently from my last setup - the Wordpress toolkit does not appear after installation.

Does anyone know how to help me at this point? I have tried completly redoing the server (total whipe) twice now and the problem keeps comming up at the exact same point.

Another thing I noticed was that - differently from my last setup - the Wordpress toolkit does not appear after installation.
The WordPress Toolkit extension is free with the Web Pro and the Web Host Plesk editions and is available for a fee for the Web Admin edition.
Please check your Plesk edition.

Back