• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk at Godaddy..dns doesn't start

S

scbg

Hi,

I noticed my Bind doesn't run after following godaddy's DNS upgrade instructions, http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=4690&topic_id=&isc=.

My log file shows these messages.

Oct 3 14:00:04 ip-host-name-here named: zone 0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN: loading from master file localhost.rev failed: file not found
Oct 3 14:00:04 ip-host-name-here named: _default/0.0.127.IN-ADDR.ARPA/IN: file not found

It looks like localhost.rev cannot be found in the directory /var/named/run-root/var. But it's there. Any one have an idea of the problem with the plesk instructions? I know I can manually get BIND running by solving the file missing issues but I'd like it to work with plesk since the server is mostly managed by plesk and there are other admins who'd be lost without it.

TIA, scbg

When you remov bind-chroot or cacheing-nameserver and/or then update bind, /etc/sysconfig/named gets removed/modified (you might find a copy saved as /etc/sysconfig/named.rmpsave)

Did you do the very last step of the instructions?

The removal of these packages can cause adverse effects on your server. You may need to restore the version of /etc/sysconfig/named that you backed up by using the following command:

cp /etc/sysconfig/named.bak /etc/sysconfig/named

Faris.

Hi,

apart ftrom this log how do you indicate that BIND does not run?
what is output of thefollowing commands:
/etc/init.d/named status
ps -Af | grep -i named

Hi guys,

I DID run the last copy to restore the file but it must not have taken since the backup file is different from the original. The ROOTDIR command was missing from the new update.

This is embarassing since I'm a long time BIND admin (over 19 years!) and had traced the start scripts to where the checkconf program was bailing out. I knew my zone files hadn't changed so I manually started BIND.

Thanks all..plesk now stops and starts my named !!

I have the same problem ... I do not quite understand how you went about fixing it ... Could you (or someone else) provide me a more detailed description on how to solve this.

Back