• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk auto backups - didnt fully backup databases

C

canton

Parallels Plesk Panel version: 9.5.4,
Operating system: Linux 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5
CPU: AuthenticAMD, Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 1385

Problem: plesk panel didn’t back up a database fully over a six month bases

I set up most of the websites on the server via plesk to fully back up on a regular bases. One website in question was setup to backup everyday only to find out after reimaging the server that the backups had missing database information within each missing backup for this particular website.

A full backup was setup to be made on a daily bases, it seems that files and such may be fully intact but not the database it also seems approx over 50% is missing from each database backup.
I am now in a position where i cannot retrieve the information due to the failing of plesk and would want this situation rectified immediately as the site has been inactive for 2 days now.

I have contacted my hosting company 1and1.co.uk yesterday and they have submitted a ticket to yourselves but my experience with the plesk support team is that you have a realistic support time of approx 3 days so hence why im contacting you here to have a faster point of contact.

Im sure you realize we are not happy as this website is critical to us and this situation is by no means our fault.

Please Note the website db in question was very large we think just under 1 gig while the other websites where significantly less. this info may help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks

thank you i know of this script and would of had no problems using it some time ago but unfortunately had 100% faith with the plesk backup system which i found out failed.

My 1and1 hosting company created a support ticket with plesk to investigate, which still hasn't happened three days on which is typical of them. Im not happy to say the least.

It now seems that i have a site which is irretrievable which is down to a plesk issue.

Has anyone had similar problems?

Thank you anyway lvalics for your help.

Back