• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk backup and Plesk restore big problem.

M

mircea_hosteur

Hi, I have a very very big problem .
I have recently made a Plesk backup (plesk 756) for about 150 Plesk accounts on a server in order to replace this server with a better machine. The backup was succesfull. I have transfered the backup on the new server and I started to restore using Plesk restore (756). The restore was also great without errors. In less then 5 hours I had to arrive at the conclusion that for none of the restored domains (150 about) the FTP was not running. There is no working FTP on the restored servers for none of the 150 sites. I have on my head about 150 customers thaqt are not able to update their sites and update the content. Everything works great on the initial server. On the one that I made the restore it doesn't work. also the File Manager in plesk for these domains does not work. If I try to add a new hosting domain , everything will work for the added hosting. But for the others that I have restored it will not work.

this is not a product that I should pay for the license. Sorry.

Mircea

...and I was just planing to migrate everything to another server when I read this... scarry... I wouldn't like to repeat Dr.Web show :(

SWsoft?

you may try

it did it before with another ... 3-4 servers, it worked great !

try to restore it on a new server, testttttt it and if you do not see special problems, do it, but n my opinion, you should leave the old server intact and be ready to switch t it

I have did it so, I have the same serverX.domain.com for the old and new one, only that the IP is changed. I will replace the IP to make it to point to the old server, in order to avoid losing 150 sites

1. Make sure that the files exist on the new server
2. Make sure they have the proper file permissions set up. If not, run the Plesk reconfiguratr (it takes forever to complete)
3. Make sure the entries in IIS are set up corectly. If not check %plesk_bin%\ftpmng.exe --help

That's all I can think for now.

STUPID BUG, BUT EXTREMLY SIMPLE

after about 48 hours, i found the stupid bug aand it was quite simple, but because it is so simply to be corrected it shoudn't ever exist :

Windows2003, Startt--> Control PAnel-->Administrative Tools-->Urser and Groups

here all ples users are DISABLED !!!

I have activated and now it seems to be working !!! ...very simple, but very stupid !!!

I have run 3 times Plesk Reconfigurator, on the old server before backup and on the new one too. It changed nothing !!!!

IT SEEMS that i stilll have a problem, a message error appears: unable for admin@localhost to connect to database

Back