• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup Email Message - ??

J

JVRudnick

Hello all...

just started to use the Plesk Backup utility yesterday, and had it run last nite for the first time...

today, my email message from same looked like this --

============================================
Backup complete successfully.
Backup file C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Backup\psa-7.0-KKTINTERACTIVE.KKTINTERACTIVE-2005.06.07.psa created.
The log files are stored in the directory C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\PSABackupLogs\20050608.00
The following warnings were encountered during backing up:
Warning: Too many entries for Zip file

the last line of "Warning: Too many entries for Zip file was then repeated like 500 times...
==========================================

So, can someone tell me. WAS the backup made? Why did I get those email warnings?

Jim

HELLO>>>>ANYONE HOME HERE???

I am a bit frustrated in that my request for help as to why I rec'd an email message using Plesk Backup Utility happened...I would understand if no other users had ever bumped into this before...

BUT NOT SUPPORT PEOPLE?

Do SW support folks NOT visit these forums and try to answer user's issues?

I find that too hard to believe....not in today's software marketplace.

Could perhaps a user even enlighten me? If this is the way that things 'are' using Plesk, maybe I'll HELM it for our next server and see if they respond any better.

Jim - an unhappy user!

Hello Again Jim, hope you are well :)

I beleive this is normal, but you may want to check the filesizes of your backup archive

I know that on many of our PLESK WINDOWS servers, i've seen these sorts of zip errors, but they did not seem to affect the backup as a whole. I am not 100% sure but it may be related to the actual filenames that are being backed up, if they are very long filenames or contain special characters etc

Your best best may be to contact your host/datacentre to see if they have any suggestions, or file an official support ticket with plesk/swsoft and they can log into your server and check it out

- Mike

<grin> thanks Mike

Thanks! getting help from you on this is great, but yes I've dug into the backups and the thing is the actual process is working fine....so the error is -- well -- an error far as I'm concerned...

but as you said, maybe it's just the name that is causing trouble...in any event, it doesn't matter...

help here on this board is very very poor....and I'm investigating on making my next server a HELM one....anything to get better support....

:)

Jim

Agreed

Hey Jim,
I agree with you on the lack of support here, except from other users that have already resolved there issue, so long as we keep going helping each other in here things will be ok.

I would advise against helm, athough that is just my experienced opinion, i moved FROM it to PLESK, although there are some problems, it is better in my opinion.

As for your problem..
I am wondering if the files you are backing up are loaded zip files already and thats what the error is. Since the plesk back up is not a zip file, it would have to be something in the back up I would think.

ZIP files have a size limitation ( or the "older" versions do)
http://www.winzip.com/wzdic.htm

Second to that I have read nasty things about the plesk restore feature not working, my suggestion is to make sure a restore is possible or use another backup program...

JIM

plesk backups are zip files, arent they? just that they are divided as in zipped separately when size is too big.

my backup utlity divides the backup in more than one file, thus there should be no size limit error. I assume what you see is a bug in plesk :(

Back