• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Backup Manager Problem

D

Dangerous

After upgrade to 7.5.4, the Plesk individual domain backup functions do not work correctly.

Example 1. A scheduled backup existing prior to the upgrade still exists but ran only once (without intervention) after the upgrade. The scheduled time reverts back to 00:00 after the backup is created. It will not run the next day unless the scheduled time is reset to a value other than 00:00. Once reset, it will run once then not for any subsequent days.

Example 2. A newly created scheduled backup (different domain than above) can be created and saved in Plesk and the settings will remain visible in Plesk until it is time to run the backup. The schedeuled backup does not get created. The scheduled time reverts back to 00:00 as above.

In checking the database, when any changes are made or a new backup is scheduled, the data is reflecetd in the BackupTasks table. Once the backup is run (example 1) or past the time the backup is to run (example 2), the last_backup field is reset to 0000-00-00 00:00:00. The data related to the scheduled backup in the Parameters table is not affected.

In both examples, data is backed up locally. Ownership and permissions settings are correct. I have tried removing the psa-bu rpm and reinstalling it. No change.

Is any one else having this same or similar problem? Can anyone offer any insight? Solutions?

Here!

Exactly the same here. After the upgrade to Plesk 7.5.4 domain backup schedulle stops working and behave as you described.

I'm running Plesk 7.5.4 at RHEL 3.0. Definitively it's a bug.

Have either of you opened a support ticket with Plesk yet? I gave up on their backup utils long ago, so unfortunately I have no other advice.

Have the same problem.. and have sent report to bug@sw...

Yes, opened a ticket and it has been forwarded to the developers. This was Saturday morning. Nothing since then.

I have opened a ticked and Plesk have told me they are aware of the issue and they are working to resolve it.

Pagemakers

Plesk support never got back to me. Is the hot fix they supplied custom to your server? Did they state what caused the problem and what the solution is?

I'm having the same issues with backup except that it's slightly worse for me. After creating a scheduled backup, it reset the time to 0:00 and didn't run. Now, whenever I attempt to change the settings for a backup, my entire session locks up :(.

Any ideas?

Well, unless you apply the hotfix, none of us will ever know if your problem would be resolved by the same hotfix....

Do the hotfix first, then see if you still have problems.

Back