1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk backup utility question

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by kami@, Mar 30, 2006.

1. kami@

kami@ Guest

Hi you all,
    When I use plesk back up utility to back up accounts, The back up creates to different files which I know one of them is the actual backup.
    1- What is the other one and do I really need this other file to restore accounts????

2- The back up utility by default wants to save back up in a folder named backup within the plesk directory. Would it be ok to save it somewhere else like a folder in *mydocuments*???

Thanks

2. hostofthewest

hostofthewest Guest

Hi,

I'm not so sure about question 1 but for question 2 you can put the backup file wherever you would like.

Thanks

3. OlegB

OlegB Guest

1. Plesk backup file has some limits:
    1. Size limit.
    2. Files limits that have packed in this backup.

If any of these limits are exceeded new backup is created by adding a number suffix to end of backup file name.
    2. You can store backup files anywhere you want.