• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk backup with weird anomalies .....

AndreasY

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I have been troubleshooting this issue for several months.

Will do my best to keep this as simple as possible.

Three subscriptions that have been created under a reseller have strange anomalies, lets call them

Subscription 1
Subscription 2
Subscription 3
Reseller 1

So.......

Reseller --> Backup Manager --> Scheduled Backup Settings
Activate --> Weekly on Sunday at 09:00
Use incremental backup
Perform full backup --> Monthly
Keep backup files for --> 12 months

When I activate this backup the following (described below) will occur and I have no idea why or where to look to troubleshoot further.

After the scheduled reseller level backup is scheduled and runs, scheduled backups appear at the domain level, the details for each backup are listed below.

I am calling these 'phantom' backups as it is my understanding that these should not be created!

Subscription 1 --> Daily Sunday 10:30 | Scheduled Backup. Domain configuration | Created by a reseller.
Subscription 2 --> Weekly Sunday 10:45 | Scheduled Backup | All configuration and content except mail. Created by a reseller.
Subscription 3 --> Weekly Sunday 09:00 | No Comments | No System notes (no backup is created here but the schedule is activated).

So to summarize, for reasons unknown to me, when a scheduled backup is activated on the reseller level, it also creates 'phantom' schedules/backups on the domain level.

I have tried to delete the reseller backup and re-create and the issue persists.

If I leave the reseller backup schedule disabled then no 'phantom' backup/schedules are created.

Anyone have any ideas where to take this from here ??

The same/similar thing happens under other resellers also....

We have been through this before,

that resource is for customers who purchased direct from Plesk, our license is through our reseller who offer no support (OVH).

We should not have to pay for a ticket for issues that are obviously bugs in the software..............

Looks to me that these support forums are just for users, no support from Plesk representatives, probably the reason this resource (the forum) is a dying one ............

that are obviously bugs in the software
Have you seen this thread Important - PLEASE FOLLOW THIS INSTRUCTION IF YOU BELIEVE THAT FOUND A BUG! ? I believe that yes because you are not the first day on this forum. It is unclear then why are you so confidently reporting a bug and not using the opportunity to report it in the prescribed manner?
that resource is for customers who purchased direct from Plesk, our license is through our reseller who offer no support (OVH).
How to get support directly from Plesk?

Back