• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk balancing or expander ? and failover machine for plesk ( backup or mirror )

CrK01

New Pleskian
Hello all,

I'm managing a dedicated server with more or less 400 domains and subdomains with different webs.

There are 400 mysql dbs more or less, and my system is a centOS 5, with plesk, project gamera in other server, ASL incorporated etc.

Since i put ASL , specially mod_security rules, my server uptime goes down, as the CPU consumption is higher ( It's normal, of course )

It's a dual core dual xeon ( 2 processors with 2 cores each one ), 1,6 and 2 GBS of RAM.

No huge webs are hosted, except 2 or 3.

My question is, in this environment how can I add more stability ? I know that a hardware replacement is the best choice but I have no time to make a general backup, report to clients.. etc etc.

Is there a way to make load balancing with a normal PLESK environment with mysql or apache ? Maybe with plesk expander and moving some domains to other machine will do the trick ?

The other question is if there's a way to make a "clone" machine, so if this machine goes down, another comes UP with same content, in plesk bases of course

thanks

Back