1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Plesk Billing - Paying double?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Suggestions and Feedback' started by ZopfWare, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ZopfWare

ZopfWare Regular Pleskian

57%
    Here is a response that I got after a week and a half of following Parallels's instructions for setting up Plesk Billing.

Mind you I had a fully functional bundled v5.6 plesk billing module. I could run it either via the bundled interface or standalone. I didn't necessarily see the need for the bundled version, and used the standalone version (I am a Perpetual 250 license holder). I then upgraded my CP to 9.0 and was looking forward to using the now allegedly improved and tightly integrated Plesk Billing 6.0. Well the upshot of the whole situation is explained pretty clearly I guess in this response from technical support:

So apparently, Parallels is really offering 2 separate packages. If you own a ModernBill or PleskBilling license you can only use the standalone version. If you then want to run the "bundled" version you need to BUY an additional license beyond what you already have..... this is simply stupid and REALLY BAD BUSINESS!