• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Billing - Paying double?

ZopfWare

Regular Pleskian
Here is a response that I got after a week and a half of following Parallels's instructions for setting up Plesk Billing.

Mind you I had a fully functional bundled v5.6 plesk billing module. I could run it either via the bundled interface or standalone. I didn't necessarily see the need for the bundled version, and used the standalone version (I am a Perpetual 250 license holder). I then upgraded my CP to 9.0 and was looking forward to using the now allegedly improved and tightly integrated Plesk Billing 6.0. Well the upshot of the whole situation is explained pretty clearly I guess in this response from technical support:

As for the initial problem in this ticket, there was a little misunderstanding, as you have to own a Plesk license, that contains Plesk Billing Bundle license in it to migrate your existing Standalone installation to a new bundled one. That is why you got the mentioned errors.
Regarding integration - only Plesk Billing Bundle can be fully integrated into Plesk. Plesk Billing Standalone has absolutely the same functionality as the bundled one, only you will not have a 'Billing' link in your Plesk CP. Nevertheless, you may use your existing Plesk Billing Standalone with your Parallels Plesk Panel, accessing it by a link:

So apparently, Parallels is really offering 2 separate packages. If you own a ModernBill or PleskBilling license you can only use the standalone version. If you then want to run the "bundled" version you need to BUY an additional license beyond what you already have..... this is simply stupid and REALLY BAD BUSINESS!

Back