• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk cant run Shopware 6 at Debian 9

Martin.H

Regular Pleskian
Some days ago I just saw that Debian 9 is the latest version of Debian which is officially supported atm. (LINK)
So I'm running Plesk 18 (Obsidian) on Debian 9.11 with all Updates installed

I wanted to try Shopware 6 (EA2) and installed it, after launching the Installer I got this message:

upload_2019-10-29_9-51-5.png

"Database error!: Your database server is running MariaDB 10.1.41-MariaDB-0+deb9u1, but Shopware 6 requires at least MariaDB 10.3.0 OR MySQL 5.7.21"

So I googled and noticed that Debian 9 can even run MariaDB v10.4

I know: installing Debian 10 would solve this problem as it gets shipped with MariaDB 10.3 but I do not have Debian 10 installed, also I could not run PHP 7.2 on Debian 10 which makes it a pitty Plesk does not update MariaDB to newer Versions on Debian 9

So:
Is there any way to update my MariaDB Server from 10.1 to >=10.3 within Plesk?

Here again my System:
Plesk: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.20
DB: MariaDB 10.1.41

Last edited:
....Is there any way to update my MariaDB Server from 10.1 to >=10.3 within Plesk?....
A very useful guide to upgrading MariaDB within Plesk can be found HERE Both the page and some user comments have good, clear guidance, plus there's a specific section for Debian 8 & 9.

A very useful guide to upgrading MariaDB within Plesk can be found HERE Both the page and some user comments have good, clear guidance, plus there's a specific section for Debian 8 & 9.

Haha funny, in the meantime I already found this Post ;)
Thanks anyway. Everything is working as expected, but one thing iritates me.
In Plesk my DB still gets shown as "10.1"
But in phpMyAdmin it stated 10.3

How to fix that? I already restarted the Server itself and all the services

Attachments

• Debian 9 Plesk MariaDB.PNG
    Debian 9 Plesk MariaDB.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 6
In Plesk my DB still gets shown as "10.1" But in phpMyAdmin it stated 10.3. How to fix that? I already restarted the Server itself and all the services
You've already upgraded MariaDB then, that was fast! :p

Occasionally, the Plesk GUI view can lag a little, but usually, next time you login to the panel and/or access one of the databases from within Plesk, when you check again, it's been updated. There's nothing to fix ;)

Back