• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk command not found

esmitex

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linux 4.19.0-21-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.249-2 (2022-06-30) x86_64
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46
Hi,

I have encountered some issues with e-mail configuration on my server. I've read that "Plesk repair mail" or the repair tool kit could fix it. I cannot log in the repair tool kit on my web browser, I thought running the repair utility via CLI would be the best option. However, when I type in that command line, I get the following error:

Code:
bash: plesk: command not found

I have tried to install plesk with a wget command, as well as the plesk "one-click", but in the first case I had the following error:

Code:
bash-5.0$ ./plesk-installer
bash: ./plesk-installer: No such file or directory
bash-5.0$ sh ./plesk-installer
sh: ./plesk-installer: No such file or directory

In the second case, I also get an error:

Code:
bash-5.0$ sh <(curl https://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer || wget -O - https://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer)
sh: /dev/fd/63: No such file or directory
bash-5.0$   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 16139  100 16139    0     0   414k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--  425k
curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 16139)
--2022-11-07 20:24:04--  https://autoinstall.plesk.com/one-click-installer
Resolving autoinstall.plesk.com (autoinstall.plesk.com)... 2a02:6ea0:c700::17, 2a02:6ea0:c700::11, 2a02:6ea0:c700::22, ...
Connecting to autoinstall.plesk.com (autoinstall.plesk.com)|2a02:6ea0:c700::17|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 16139 (16K) [text/plain]
Saving to: ‘STDOUT’

-                               0%[                                                 ]       0  --.-KB/s    in 0s     

Cannot write to ‘-’ (Broken pipe).

I have checked the root directory, and I see plesk-installer...

Code:
bash-5.0$ ls
bin   conf-options  error_docs    mydomain.com  lib64  plesk-installer  usr  wordpress-backups
conf  dev        etc        lib         logs    one-click-installer   tmp           var

Could someone help me to figure out how to get "plesk repair mail" working, please.

Config:
  • Plesk Obsidian 18.0.46
  • Debian GNU/Linux 4.19.0-21-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.19.249-2 (2022-06-30) x86_64
  • Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7
  • Terminal Version 2.10 (433)

You have to be logged in to the console as root but not as a regular user. This will be indicated by a # prompt instead of $

Thanks for your reply.

When I run the commands with sudo the command isn’t found either. I have no way to set my user as root on plesk dashboard. I just have the option to allow ssh.

Are you sure that you run these commands on the server where Plesk is installed? Have you connected to this server from your mac terminal via ssh?

Yes I used the command:
ssh [email protected]
Then I typed in my password

I’ve read that I need to modify the file panel.ini but I cannot find it on the server. I don’t have the psa folder in the directory /usr/local/

@esmitex
You're not in the right place and "sudo" won't do it. Verify again:
- Correct host?
- After login to your bash, run "su" to permanently login by root.
- Verify that you see the "#" as the prompt.

What about /opt/psa?
Do you really have Plesk installed there?
I don't find the /opt/ directory...
I didn't set up the server, a friend did, and gave me credentials to log into plesk dashboard. So I suppose there is Plesk installed somehow.

@esmitex
You're not in the right place and "sudo" won't do it. Verify again:
- Correct host?
- After login to your bash, run "su" to permanently login by root.
- Verify that you see the "#" as the prompt.
I only have one website with one IP, so I doubt it's the wrong host?
su is not found...

Code:
Last login: Mon Nov  7 20:26:47 2022 from xx.xx.xx.xxx
bash-5.0$ su
bash: su: command not found

You're logged in to a chrooted shell. You cannot su from there.

In order to maintain your host, you need the SSH login credentials of your host computer and the root password for that. If you only have a webhosting account on a host, chances are that you don't have admin privileges. In that case, please ask your service provider/host for assistance.

Back