• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk Data usage tracking

Louis1

New Pleskian
Hi All

I have a question relating to Data usage from our Plesk server. We run Server 2008 R2 with Plesk 11.5.30 (Update 49). We have 1 Nic with a few IP addresses (1 management IP, 1 Shared and 2 for sites which require SSL certs). When i compare data usage that Plesk logs i do not see anything near the same amount of data usage that is reported at IP address level from our Data center host. I understand the logging in plesk cannot account for all traffic to the server but given the discrepancy i was wondering if anyone has any suggested applications that can provide Netflow monitoring / process monitoring on a windows server and not conflict with Plesk... I have found a few options but they seem to use web based back ends for interface which may conflict with plesk. Given this is a live production environment, i wanted to air on the side of caution.

Any suggestions for data usage tracking best practice and would also be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Louis

Back