• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk default certificate is used by "3"

King555

Regular Pleskian
What does it mean that my Plesk default certificate is used by "3"? Every domain has it's own certificate on my server.

1 would make sense (the Plesk panel itself), but why 3? Which 3?

Maybe it's the mysql admin and the webmail interface?

May there be domains (maybe subdomains?) for which you have SSL enabled but no own certificate assigned?

Regards

Plesk tells me that a specific certificate is enabled for all domains and subdomains which have the same dedicated IP.

So there are no subdomains left, which can use the default certificate.

Since Server Name Indication technology is supported by Plesk, each site may have their own SSL certificate even if they reside on the same IP. If no certificate explicitly selected for a domain (Websites & Domains > click on a domain name), then default certificate of IP (Tools & Settings > IP addresses > click an IP address) is used. This will be "default certificate" if nothing else is provided.

My guess is that there must be an IP address with "default certificate" as default and there must be 3 domains on that address which don't have any other certificate selected.

If it won't help you probably need to contact support service for database scan and discovery which domains may be using this certificate.

Last edited:
I searched the database by myself and found out that the default certificate is used by three different IP addresses, which are not used by any domain. That's why I could not find a domain using that certificate.

Thanks!

Back