• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk default site - PHP not executing

Tyson_Moore

Basic Pleskian
Hey all,

The default Plesk site (server address) won't execute PHP, it just downloads the files. The only thing that has changed is that due to licensing, we have turned on Apache instead of LiteSpeed. All I am trying to get going is the WHMCS status page. It was working before having to make this change. It's not a big issue, as once we switch LiteSpeed back on, it should be fine, but it's still just bugging me. Our cPanel server is working fine and has also been switched back to Apache. The good thing is this is not affecting customer sites.

Been through all the configuration options I can think of and read through multiple articles and forums with the same/similar issue, but I have been unable to find a solution to the issue. All the correct Apache settings seem to be in place (or have been tried), but it would still just download the file.

I even tried turning on nginx, in case that would help, but it still didn't work.

From WHMCS I get the error "Error code: 1060. Error message: Specified owner can not have sub objects" when trying to refresh the server status.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Tools & Settings > Apache Webserver
Set mode to "MPM Prefork",
then add the php5 (or whatever php version) module, save the configuration.
Afterwards, php will be interpreted on the default site.

Tools & Settings > Apache Webserver
Set mode to "MPM Prefork",
then add the php5 (or whatever php version) module, save the configuration.
Afterwards, php will be interpreted on the default site.

Hey Peter, thank you for that. Was wondering if it may have been to do with changing it to Prefork, as the php5 tick box was greyed out.

Going on from that, as it is saying it is deprecated, is there an easy way to get Plesk to use PHP 7.x there?

What you see there is the PHP version that is shipped with your operating system. In Plesk Onyx, this is the PHP version that is used for webmail and some other Plesk functions (which I don't know in detail). It is not recommended to change the system's PHP version, because this could break some Plesk functions and webmail. In Plesk Obsidian this behavior has changed. There, the PHP delivered with Plesk is used. A possible solution for your case could be to first upgrade your installation to Plesk Obisidian and then do an upgrade of the operating system's PHP. However, changing that PHP version might also require to apply changes to the web server.

More details:
Is it possible to upgrade system PHP on Plesk server?
and
How to change PHP version for webmail in Plesk for Linux
and
Resolved - Update OS Vendor PHP version

There may be more issues that can arise from such an upgrade, so be prepared to spend some time on your system after you do that.

Back