• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk Demo Mode

Functional Plesk limitations on demo servers are implemented as part of the main code, which is activated by a special demo parameter in the panel.ini config file:

[demo]
liveDemo = on

You do not understand the question.

Does a DEMO require a PAID license key to run? You know, something for prospective customers to try before they sign up?

I own my licenses and have for 11 years.

Plesk demo mode just limits some important functionality in Plesk and doesn't depend on license type.
The only reason you need to use the demo mode is a public demonstration of Plesk. When someone tries to use the forbidden functionality, he will be informed that Plesk works in demo mode.

This is frustrating because my question is not being answered. I know what demo mode is and does. I am asking if I have to buy a license to put up a demo site since I have yet to find a Plesk demo site run by Plesk. Do I need to buy a license to run in demo mode?

If you need a demo server for a long time - buy a license. If for a short time - trial license will be enough.

I own 25 licenses plus Virtuozzo. Thank you for indirectly answering the question. It is sad that I have to waste a license to market your product. I have asked for the user/password info for the Plesk demo site but still nothing. Igor, come on. You've been around long enough. Plesk is plastered all over the control panel. I have to provide the server and pay for the bandwidth plus a license?

Last edited:
I really do not understand you. Let's start again. Imagine, you have Plesk server. You install either a trial license or the license you need. You create the accounts which you need, with the appropriate passwords. Then enable demo mode in the config file. That's all. Your demo Plesk server is ready. What kind of problem do you find here?

The problem I find is that you want me to pay Plesk for the pleasure of hosting a demo of their product. Plesk has a demo site but nowhere can I find the four different login credentials. Administrator, Reseller, Customer, End User. From what you write you want me to host Plesk, on a server I own, paying the bandwidth bill, to advertise Plesk. Not the way to treat a partner and poor comprehension of the issue. I asked, "Do I do I need to use a leased license to run Plesk in demo mode?" and you replied with the line to edit in the setup file. That wasn't the question. I asked about a license. Then your other staffer tells me to use a trial license - that expires in 30 days. You reply again by telling me to get a trial license - or buy a license. That sounds sarcastic and unhelpful. The original question? "Do I do I need to use a leased license to run Plesk in demo mode?"

Plesk has a demo site. What are the logins???

https://webhost-lin.demo.plesk.com:8443/

If you cannot answer the question close this as unresolved.

According to sales the credentials are:

admin
panel

Don't know about the login that the customer should see.

Back