• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Plesk Docker container exited with code 255

ben-tomsen

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
#latest
TLDR: First attempt at starting Plesk using Docker, immediately dies without log output. Next steps?

The default command to spin up a Docker evaluation fails without any output:
foo@bar-server:~/docker/plesk$ sudo docker run -d --tmpfs /tmp --tmpfs /run --tmpfs /run/lock -v /sys/fs/cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup:ro -p 8880:8880 plesk/plesk 1a1c33e5e7bffee8f816a9d859205062b7d222281363888b8b7073bc57e4edbd foo@bar-server:~/docker/plesk$

I have converted the CLI command into a docker-compose file (posted below), which gives me this output instead:
Creating plesk_plesk_1 ... done Attaching to plesk_plesk_1 plesk_plesk_1 exited with code 255

The log has no output, it's empty.

How do I get this started?

docker-compose.yml:
version: '3.9' services: plesk: image: plesk/plesk ports: - '8035:8880' volumes: - '/sys/fs/cgroup:/sys/fs/cgroup:ro' tmpfs: - /run/lock - /run - /tmp

It seems there is truly no active support for this advanced Idea of using Plesk the modern way is there? Sorry to see there is some ancient ruin of a project on Github.

Back