• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Plesk does not see my second disk

Henry C. Lavau

New Pleskian
Hi, I have mounted a new disk (md0) that i can see with
fdisk -l
Disk /dev/md2: 418.1 GiB, 448889094144 bytes, 876736512 sectors
Disk /dev/md0: 3.7 TiB, 4000650690560 bytes, 7813770880 sectors
Debian 10 OS, Plesk Obsidian, vhosts, etc. are on md2
With root rights under SSH, I can act on md0 : create folders, chown them, etc.

But I do not see md0 under Plesk : how can I see some of md0's folders in the Files menu of Plesk?

Yes : this one
Plesk-File-Manager.png

In practice, I want to see also the folders created under md0 through the FTP of the site and allow document uploads to this folder.
At the moment, I get "Permission denied"

That file manager does not show your entire filesystem. You cannot browse the entire / filesystem using Plesk' FM, even as super user.

As for FTP, if you can see the folder, are you sure you (the ftp user, not root) have write perms in it?

The permissions are as created by Plesk
Code:
ls -l /var/www/vhosts
drwx--x--- 14 usersite psaserv 4096 Mar  5 15:39 usersite.com
drwxr-x---  7 root           root    4096 Mar  5 15:50 chroot
drwxr-xr-x  5 root           root    4096 Mar  4 10:54 default
drwxr-xr-x  3 root           root    4096 Mar  4 11:05 system
and after I set the md0
Code:
ls -l /mnt/md0
drwx------ 2 root   root   16384 Mar  4 04:01 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x 2 psaadm psaadm  4096 Mar  5 15:12 plesk_backups
drwxr-xr-x 3 psaadm psaadm  4096 Mar  5 15:27 wwwvhosts

ls -l /mnt/md0/wwwvhosts
drwxr-xr-x 2 usersite psaserv 4096 Mar  5 15:27 usersite
usersite is the user attached to the site. I d' like usersite to have access to /mnt/md0/wwwvhosts/usersite

What do you mean by "after I set the md0"?

What is the expected result, e.g. do you want to replace the physical usersite.com directory on the one disk with a mounted device (your other disk)?

In fact the remaining problem was that I did not see /mnt/md0/... with FTP

With FileZilla FTP, I was stuck to usersite.com without no access to the parent directories /var/www/vhosts

But still with FileZilla but connecting with SFTP I have now access to usersite.com through it parents: /var/www/vhosts/usersite.com

/var and /mnt beeing both at the upper level,
I can now move from /var/www/vhosts/usersite.com to /mnt/md0/wwwvhosts/usersitecom
SFTP solves my problem.

Thank you for your time.

Back