• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Email Security - No CloudLinux support?

c0m

Basic Pleskian
Tried to install the new Plesk Email Security extension to one of our servers running on CloudLinux 7.7 and Plesk Obsidian today, but CloudLinux isn't supported.

Are there plans to add support for CloudLinux soon - it would make sense to support it since Plesk supports CloudLinux perfectly fine. I'm assuming Plesk Email Security extension must definitely work with CentOS, so is there something really different on CloudLinux that would prevent the extension from being supported?

Attachments

• plesk-unsupported-cloudlinux.jpg
    plesk-unsupported-cloudlinux.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 23
Yes, CloudLinux is not supported officially and support is not planned.

why would it not be planned? you guys don't like money for that large customer base?

I would put this on all my server.

Believe me, the share of Plesk on CloudLinux users is negligible.

Is this a surprise when Plesk's developers are clearly showing such an uncaring attitude towards CloudLinux? When you aren't supporting an OS with one of your official extensions, do you really expect the share of users on that OS to be growing?

For comparison, one of your main and biggest competitors (won't name it, it's obvious who they are) has a very large part of its customer base running on CloudLinux.

Last edited:
cPanel is no longer our competitor if you didn't know :)

You're right, I didn't know that Plesk and cPanel were both acquired by the same investor, Oakley Capital. :)

However, that doesn't mean that they're not your competitor anymore, since companies and products across the same portfolio will compete for investment resources and funding from the same pool. Furthermore, the same owner will have the revenue and data to compare how both products are performing and may decide to invest more in the product that's showing better prospects and likewise to downsize or even sell off another less-performing product in the same niche.

@c0m Thank you very much for your concern about our business processes within our companies. Believe me, we all right with that. And I suggest finishing this offtopic.

Believe me, the share of Plesk on CloudLinux users is negligible.

Unfortunately you're right, I noticed it with this bug where you decided not to fix it in the expected time frame for a problem labeled as "Critical" (I've still been waiting for three weeks):

However, as already mentioned in other posts, it would be very serious on your part to indicate the priority level of support according to the operating system used with Plesk (for example, Ubuntu/CentOS level 1, Debian level 2, CloudLinux level 3, etc.).
If you indicate CloudLinux 7 as supported, you must necessarily offer for it the same level of support as for CentOS/Ubuntu:

Curious why this won't run in CL?

Amavis and ClamAV, correct? What's the magic sauce that breaks compatibility under CL?

Reactions: c0m
This is highly frustrating. Support for MagicSpam will be dropped in Oct 2020 in lieu of Plesk Email Security.

Plesk says MagicSpam will still work, but Plesk Email Security is the way to go ... unless you use Cloudlinux.

Based on the replies by @IgorG , Plesk as a company does not seem to care too much about Cloudlinux users. :(

you guys don't like money for that large customer base?

Here you can find an official statement from Plesk management about CloudLinux support:

At the moment there is no progress, CL support on Plesk is still limited and troublesome but maybe (if you have time to wait) in the next months something will change ... maybe

Tried to install the new Plesk Email Security extension to one of our servers running on CloudLinux 7.7 and Plesk Obsidian today, but CloudLinux isn't supported.

Are there plans to add support for CloudLinux soon - it would Speed Test make sense to support it since Plesk supports CloudLinux perfectly fine. I'm assuming Plesk Email Security extension must definitely work with CentOS, so is there something really different on CloudLinux that would prevent the extension from being supported?
why would it not be planned? you guys don't like money for that large customer base?

I find the replies by Igor rude!

we are all customers of plesk to belittling cloud linux users in open public makes you look very unprofessional.
If i saw a member of my support team responding to customers they way you have they would not be on my support team any longer.

sure its not a large market but there is no reason why you cant make this work other then you just don't want to.
how about you relax the software install restrictions and let us test instead of outright blocking. if there are issues we can open our own tickets with cloudlinux and i am sure they will be more then happy to take us seriously, where plesk does not.

you are essentialy acting like Apple right now...

LVE is > cgroups. your cgroups program is complete garbage compared to LVE
and cloudlinx support is amazing.

you are handicapping your clients by not taking this seriously, and as mentioned, your reaction to the request and your unintelligent, unhelpful, and unprogessional responses look very bad.

Last edited:
I find the replies by Igor rude!
Not only do I agree with that statement but... another staff member, Lukas, seems to make it sound like they want to get it going well enough to put it out to us...

Back