• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk extension: NodeJS

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
TITLE:
Plesk extension: NodeJS
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #20
CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
I installed extension nodejs and go to nodejs for a domain.

First question here is... is this nodejs extension a generally SUPPORT or a special case that a domain will run only as nodejs application, instead of apache(PHP)?

Docu: Node.js Support

In your tutorial video there is no "document root" setting Node.js Support and I not understand this rule :
Document Root. Here you can set the domain's document root directory, which must be a subdirectory of the application root directory, specified below.
This setting make no sense for me, when I only want a nodejs interface. Like communicate with Discord nodejs API or as Websocket for user notifications. In your tutorial video looks fine and logical. What happen here, why this difference?

Because I not will change the folder struct for nodejs, I set:

Node.js Version: 7.4.0
Document Root: /httpdocs
Application Mode: production
Application URL: Example Domain
Application Root: /
Application Startup File: app.js

After Enable NodeJS, the Domain is not accessible anymore. I get a nginx error with "504 Gateway Time-out". So I think that extension is really only for nodejs only?

The "Application URL" use HTTP, but I use letsencrypt exentsion and this domain is only accessible as HTTPS. I don't understand why Application URL here is needed.

Is here not a port needed? So I know which port I can listen?​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Install nodejs extension​
ACTUAL RESULT:
nodejs not working​
EXPECTED RESULT:
Create a Interface to communicate with website and other API.​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

Back