• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Plesk firewall + CloudFlare - Should I configure?

Sergey K.

Basic Pleskian
I've got CloudFlare and CentOS Linux 8.5.2 + Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.41
Also I have Firewall by Plesk, IP Address Banning

Should I add special rules for Cloudflare to operate correctly? Could you explain?

Hi, first of all, make sure that you planned migration from CentOS 8 to a supported Linux version due to the fact that CentOS 8 reached EOL

There is no generic recommendations for CloudFlare(CF) rules and Plesk.
CloudFlare filters HTTP, HTTPS traffic, therefore if you have DNS configured on CloudFlare side, make sure that you disabled CF rules for MX records, etc.
If you are going to use WordPress CMS, there is a probability that CF plugin for WordPress will be necessary - check this.
Another possible issue that can be caused by CF with issuing Let's Encrypt certificate - check this.

Since that Plesk and CloudFlare constantly improve their product and services, there is always a probability of any integration issues. And if you have some particular error or question do not hesitate to ask us here or on a support portal.

Hi, first of all, make sure that you planned migration from CentOS 8 to a supported Linux version due to the fact that CentOS 8 reached EOL

There is no generic recommendations for CloudFlare(CF) rules and Plesk.
CloudFlare filters HTTP, HTTPS traffic, therefore if you have DNS configured on CloudFlare side, make sure that you disabled CF rules for MX records, etc.
If you are going to use WordPress CMS, there is a probability that CF plugin for WordPress will be necessary - check this.
Another possible issue that can be caused by CF with issuing Let's Encrypt certificate - check this.

Since that Plesk and CloudFlare constantly improve their product and services, there is always a probability of any integration issues. And if you have some particular error or question do not hesitate to ask us here or on a support portal.
And don´t forget the modsecurity, blocking all CF IPs.

Back