• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk firewall not working correctly

Chris1

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

When I deny all other traffic for the "System policy for incoming traffic" to secure the server by only allowing the explicit ports I've requested to open, my server stops operating correctly.

It appears when I set the "System policy for incoming traffic" to deny, it appears to be disrupting various functions such as web traffic over ports 80/443, FTP, SSH, they either work extremely slow or don't work at all.

I brought this up with my Plesk license provider and they stated that the Plesk firewall doesn't add any tracking for ephemeral ports, therefore if you set the policy to drop for incoming/outgoing, it's not going to allow proper TCP communication since the return socket can't be opened. Also that the firewall is an explicit deny system rather than explicit allow based system.

Am I doing something wrong? All I want to do is to block all ports other than the ones I've set to allow. Is this how it is supposed to work?

Back