• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Plesk forwarding spam messages

fliegerhermi

Regular Pleskian
Server operating system version
buster/sid
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.45 Update #2
I think plesk should put more effort into spam avoidance.
My IP is blocked by GMX, because spam mail is just forwarded. Today an email with the sender-email of ""@agoracred.com.br was forwarded. It is easy to reject those, but plesk doesn't even bother to implement a basic anti-spam setup in the main.cf like reject_non_fqdn_sender.

Also I would like to know if there is a chance to stop mails with a spam score from beeing forwarded?
Thanks

PS: I know people should use POP3-Pickup, but they just don't do it so the tipp doesn't make sense to me.

It is your responsibility as a server owner/administrator to properly secure your server and set the necessary anti-spam measures. Plesk is just a Control Panel. If you need more advanced anti-spam tools several great extensions are available for Plesk. Such as Warden Anti-spam or SpamExperts. There is even an extension that allows you to limit email forwarding to internal domains.

Lastly there is a feature request for customization of the main.cf file which you can vote for here: Allow customization of /etc/postfix/main.cf

Well, it is a controlpanel that overwrites configs on a regular basis, so I think one could expect a default config that is pretty safe. However thank you for the addon-recommendations. I'll take a look at it.

Just one more downside of GMX, web.de & Co. They are blocking forwarding IPs like crazy. They should actually look into the source code of incoming mails to block the sender, but they are not blocking the sender, but the forwarder. And they are doing this frequently.

Could Plesk add to the /etc/postfix/main.cf an
Code:
include /etc/postfix/main.d/*.cf
line and create an empty /etc/postfix/main.d folder so that we can add any custom code there or does it just overwrite everything in /etc/postfix/?

It only overwrites setting's that it does know. Other settings remain in place. You can do these modifications, they will not be overwritten.

With all the due respect Peter: We agree on that, but let's not discuss things we can't change, but solve the problems, that we can change.

Peter I think updates can overwrite Postfix config files?
Not the Plesk updates. At least I can say that we have some special config entries in the mail server files since Plesk 15, and through all major and minor updates they were never changed.

Back