• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Plesk Hostname isues

W

weefatbob

Hi,

Plesk 9.5 install here, everything is working second install around. Anyway, no matter what I do, or what i put in for plesk control panel hostname, it wont work, i have to still reach it via ip address. Had it with and without A entry in dns even tried bindings in iis and still no joy, httpd.conf has the admin.domain.com:8443 in it.

Is there something simple I am missing, as I see plenty people with the same problem around the net but o asnwers to the solution.

Robert

But is hostname of this Plesk resolvable to this IP address?

Yes, the hostname resolves to the ipaddress... more correctly to the site main page itself and not to plesk control panel.

So if I type in address bar admin.mydomain.com it goes to www.mydomain.com

Does this even with all the changes mentioned above and giving it plenty time before making any further changes.

Robert

Was that it?

Is that it?

If you have no intention of following up, why answer in first place, all you have done is waste another few days of my time waiting on the support.

Robert

Back