• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved [Plesk installer] The following packages have unmet dependencies: psa-php-configurator

King555

Regular Pleskian
When I'm trying to install the "PHP version by OS vendor" (Ubuntu 18) via the console (/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller) I get the following error:

Code:
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
psa-php-configurator : PreDepends: libapache2-mod-php
                        PreDepends: php-cgi
                        Depends: php-mysql but it is not going to be installed or
                                 php-mysqlnd
                        Depends: php-gd
                        Depends: php-imap
                        Depends: php-curl
                        Depends: php-mbstring
                        Depends: php-zip
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Installation will not continue

ERROR: The apt-get failed with the following message:
Not all packages were installed.
Visit https://support.plesk.com/ to search for a solution.

I think I know what lead to this error:
- After a fresh installation of Ubuntu 18 and Plesk Obsidian I installed PHP 5.6 via the ondrej/php repository.
- Then I deleted the OS vendor PHP version via the Plesk installer, which deleted PHP 5.6 (I don't know why).
- Then I had to reinstall PHP 5.6.
- Some days ago I uninstalled PHP 5.6, because I migrated my PHP applications to PHP 7.4.
- I remember that "psa-php-configurator" was part of the uninstallation (I could not skip this).

Does anyone know a solution for me?

EDIT: I resolved it by myself. I uninstalled PHP 7.2 (from OS vendor) manually via console, which was still installed. Now I could install it again via Plesk installer. The problem was that there was an inconsistency between Plesk installer (OS vendor version NOT installed) and reality (OS vendor version IS installed).

Last edited:
Back