• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Plesk license key page is constantly reloading

vaelu

Basic Pleskian
Username: vaelu

TITLE

Plesk license key page is constantly reloading

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk 18.0.38 on Debian 10

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

We have updated to Plesk 18.0.38 yesterday. Today, our license expired because we want to switch the license provider.

But when I log in and want to type in a new license on the license expired page, it is constantly reloading and it's not possible to click anything.

The bug was already mentioned here: Not possible to enter the new activation code for Plesk: page is reloading constantly

We activated Plesk via CLI now.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

Try to log into Plesk with an invalid or expired license.

ACTUAL RESULT

Page is constantly reloading.

EXPECTED RESULT

Page is display normally so I can enter a license.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Developers can't reproduce the issue on Debian 10/CentOS 7:
  1. By upgrading without a license key installed.
  2. By upgrading and removing current keys.
Please provide the exact steps to reproduce the issue.
Thanks.

Could you please also specify the version Plesk was updated from?
It would be also helpful if you could try to reproduce the issue:
  1. Find the file which contains the license key (PLSK.XXXXXXXX - use the actual license key from Tools & Settings > License Management):
    # egrep -Rl "PLSK.XXXXXXXX" /etc/sw/keys/keys/key*
    /etc/sw/keys/keys/keyXXJxNaIT
  2. Remove all /etc/sw/keys/keys/key* files that were found in the previous step:
    # rm -rf /etc/sw/keys/keys/keyXXJxNaIT
  3. Restart sw-engine service:
    # service sw-engine restart
  4. Log in to Plesk and try to install the license again.
If the page is reloaded again, check the web browser console for errors and share with us, if any.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello @IgorG and @LeoniG

Thanks for your answers.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the issue, since we now have successfully switched the license (via CLI because of the bug) to the new one. Since this is our productive server, and we don't have an extra testing server with a Plesk license, we cannot reproduce the issue.

But I can give you some more details. I think you've misunderstood that I didn't do an upgrade without a license key or removed the current license keys (as described by @IgorG). We had a license key installed which was valid until 31st August, and then on the 1st September the license was invalid, and we had to enter a new one, that's when the bug happened. Also, another detail: I've installed a custom theme the day before and uninstalled it directly after that, but the dialog "Do you want to switch back to the old theme" was still there, possibly this has something to do with it.

Hope it helps.

I exactly had the same problem (constant reload of the browser) when I tried to install a new license key after a trial period. Reloading even crashed the browser.

Then I had to install it via CLI as instructed by Igor here:

Back