• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Plesk License Update 502 Nginx Error

KamalG

Basic Pleskian
It's a Fresh Installed CentOS 7 and I tried to activate a Trial License and it gives me
502 Bad Gateway

I simply don't understand why Plesk is always problematic.. it seems to me like it's some kind of Joke..

after update problem, fresh install problem..

Hi KamalG,

You might consider to ask your server administrator, to have a look into your log and configuration - files. He can surely explain, why "such things" happen. He could as well explain to you, if the issue/failure is caused by Plesk itself, or by a package on your server, shipped by your vendor - with your informations we can only guess what happens on your server, which is quite inefficient for us.

If you would like to investigate the issue on your own and would like some help from the Odin - Forum community, it really would help to post some log - entries, because "502 Bad Gateway" - errors are pretty common and can be caused for several reasons. Maybe it might help to google the words "502 Bad Gateway", so you might understand, that it is nearly impossible to investigate issues, if you don't provide more informations.

You really should consider to bookmark the page:

... because this will help you to find log - files and configuration files for your Plesk installation.

As well, if this is a "fresh" installation, be aware that some vendors offer operating system installation templates, which are not really up-to-date, or the templates miss essential packages, which are needed for your server ( and Plesk ).
And last... Plesk invented a pretty nice tool called "bootstrapper", which finds and corrects misconfigurations on your server and each bootstrapper procedure includes a pretty informative log - file, which will point to issues/problems/mistakes/failures, which have mostly nothing to with Plesk itself. ;)

/usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp12.0.18-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair

Thank you for your reply, my point is a how can a freshly installed system give so many errors ? so that new users can make a flow to the forum ?

I reverted back to CentOS 6 and Installed Plesk 12 again now the License Activation problem is gone but
When I try to install application

I receive the Following : Error: The following error has occurred during the download of application: HTTP Error (0) http://catalog.marketplace.parallels.com/all-app/wordpress.org/WordPress/4.3-118.aps?packager=Odin

Plesk is a JOKE this is my conclusion, how can it give so much errors on freshly installed system ?

Hi KamalG,

you seem to think that Plesk replaces a system administrator, which is absolutely not the case. It makes things easier for them, but you still have to administrate the server, so please consider to start investigating issues, instead of blaming Plesk being the cause.

Your described issue for example points to either a misconfigured firewall ( please keep in mind, that CentOS - based systems often install a vendor firewall, which is NOT part of Plesk! ) , or to the fact, that you forgot to open specific ports ( Please keep in mind, that Plesk only configures his OWN firewall - settings and will never delete or modify existing ones! ), or some strange configured SELinux poilcies ( please keep in mind, that a SELinux installation needs configuration - consider to contact a professional linux administrator, or try to read some basics about your operating system and SELinux usage ) - all these causes have got nothing to do with Plesk itself and you should start to configure your server correctly in order to let Plesk work the way it is supposed to work.

In case, that you really experienced a Plesk - bug, please consider to contact the Odin - Support, as for example suggested by @IgorG :
Please create a ticket to support at https://www.odin.com/support/request/ . You may have free support, please check what kind of Plesk license you use for available support options at http://kb.odin.com/en/121580 . If there’s no free support in your case, you can order Plesk per-incident support at http://www.odin.com/support/buy-support/ Support team will contact you as soon as purchase is processed, and they will do the best to resolve it. If it is found that your problem was caused by product bug w/o available solution or workaround from Odin, then your purchase will be re-funded.​

Back